Monday, September 12, 2005

Weekend of firsts

Two months in Sydney and I finally had my first trip in to the city! On Sunday I went into the city with Neale for a Make Poverty History rally and he kindly showed me around. We had a look around the city, saw the Opera House and the Harbor bridge etc. Very cool. I then caught the train north for my first visit to Gosford to catch up with Matt. We stayed the night there and came back to Sydney this afternoon. (Don't let Matt near the tea bags) Thanks for coming to visit Matt.

I also went for a run for the first time since arriving in Sydney. There aren't that many nice places to run around here, but the extra weight I'm starting to put on suggests it might have to become a routine. And for the first time I am feeling under quite a bit of pressure with 3 assignments due in just over a week.

I'm learning a lot though, and enjoying lots of interesting conversations, so I can't complain much. And just over a week until my first holidays! Time is going fast!

7 Comments:

At 9/12/2005 11:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unreal DB. Was the MPH rally good? Many people there?

I'm thinking of you and your workload. Hope everything comes together without too much stress and too little sleep.

Take care!

 
At 9/13/2005 3:29 pm, Blogger Trav said...

What are your assignments on?

 
At 9/13/2005 10:59 pm, Blogger David said...

The ones on the go at the moment are on China Inland Mission (what the distinctive things were), Darwinism (and why it invoked a passionate responce) and Amos.

 
At 9/14/2005 6:27 pm, Blogger kelgell said...

Cool to hear you're getting into life there. Glad it's all going well.

 
At 9/15/2005 2:26 pm, Blogger Christop said...

What about Flying Spaghetti Monsterism and why it invoked a passionate response?

 
At 9/16/2005 9:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool david. sounds like fun, sydney! i know how you feel with assignments coming out of your ears. hope you get them done in time. i didnt even realise matt had gone. opps!

 
At 9/27/2005 10:44 pm, Blogger John M said...

yeah cool to hear things are going well in Sydney, and yeah i can understand how with so much food to eat you could need to go for a run, they feed you well huh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home