Thursday, March 29, 2007

Things to see

We had the chance, while in Livingston, to go and see Victoria Falls. We also went across the border so got to see both the Zimbabwe and Zambia sides; the falls are around 3km wide! In the local language it is called Mosi-O-Tunya - "Smoke that thunders". Very suitable, it definitely thunders, and you can see the spray from many miles giving it the appearance of a bushfire. It was one of the most awesome things I have ever seen, I wish I could have done it justice with the photos.







We also got to go on a safari in Botswana, to a lemur park in Madagascar, and came across many animals along the way. We got to see Zebras, Giraffes, eagles, hippo's, elephants, antelope, mere cats... too many to post here. Unfortunately no big cats.
























3 Comments:

At 3/31/2007 3:58 pm, Blogger kelgell said...

That's so incredibly awesome! I can't imagin what it would be like. I'm jealous. I'd love to see Vic Falls. What an experience!

 
At 4/08/2007 6:43 pm, Blogger Bethanois said...

Wow wow wow!! Dave, you already know that I'm very jealous of you that you got to go to Africa and see all this awesome stuff, so I won't bother telling you again!! I LOVE these pics!! Looks like you had a great time and got to do and see some incredible stuff :) Was awesome to see you the other day too :) Take care xxoo

 
At 4/17/2007 5:11 pm, Blogger Vi said...

They are awesome pics! Was great to see you on the Easter weekend and hear all about them too!!

Hope the study is not bogging you down too much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home