Sunday, May 07, 2006

Praying with friends...

Last week we began our Monday band practice as usual, except that somehow it turned into an impromptu worship session. We ended up spending the next hour just praying for each other. What a great feeling it is to be prayed over by such sincere and loving friends, and to hear words of encouragement! This has happened quite a number of times over the last week and it has been a great reminder for me of the significance of praying for, and speaking words over your friends. It is an amazing way to build up and challenge each other. Are we making time to pray with our friends?

2 Comments:

At 5/08/2006 5:12 pm, Blogger kelgell said...

Beautiful. And it is fantastic that happens. Especially often. I miss that now that I'm here in Bendigo as I don't know any people who follow Jesus very well yet. But that area is improving and there's more possiblities in my path. It's a good challenge to remember. Sometimes you can talk about stuff, even d&m stuff and you don't even think to offer to pray for them.

 
At 5/10/2006 3:50 pm, Blogger Vi said...

Yeah, thanks for the reminder. At my last church, prayer was pretty much just "God bless this service" at the beginning, and "God bless us this week and bring us back next Sunday" at the end. At my new church, people actually share prayer needs and praises, which is really great. The pastor is the only one who prays, though. Thanks for the reminder that I need to be getting involved in praying for and with people more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home