Monday, May 22, 2006

Rosin


The band has a name - "Rosin". Rosin is the stuff you put on a bow which creates the friction necessary to produce sounds when you play a violin, cello etc. Basically we chose it because it sounded good and it isn't a word that comes with too much baggage. If you want the deep and meaningful interpretation of the name you'll have to ask Matt. We have spent the last few months developing some songs and last night we played a set at Breathe. It didn't go exactly like the practices, but for a first gig it went ok. I also got a call today asking us to come back and play again next week, so I guess that is a good sign.

2 Comments:

At 5/23/2006 11:02 pm, Blogger Vi said...

Oooo... yay!! You're a real band! I have been telling my students my brother is a drummer... now I can tell them that ur in an up 'n' comin' band!! Sweet! Hope you guys keep improving and keep having fun with it. Can't wait til your first CD comes out!

 
At 5/26/2006 10:02 pm, Blogger kelgell said...

preparations for sweet sounding music...ROSIN!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home