Sunday, August 06, 2006

Weekends

Weekends are the time of the week when you relax and enjoy yourself after the busyness of the week, right? Well it seems to be the opposite way around here, but that's ok because it's all good stuff. This weekend had a few different things in it which was cool. On Friday I had youth at church and I played soccer with the kids in the pouring rain which was fun - something I haven't done for a long time. Saturday morning I went into the city to catch up with Chris Booth who was in Sydney for a week of holidays. We wandered around the city and caught up on a few years. In the afternoon I went and helped to set up for the church's big annual trivia night. It was a lot of fun and a good chance to get to know some new people... also the table I was on won! (Not much thanks to my extensive trivia knowledge)

Sunday morning I was up early for music practice before church. It was fun learning one of Glens new songs. The service was really challenging, Steve speaking about praying for unsaved friends and we also spent some time looking at the future of the church. In the afternoon I had band practice (Rosin) because we were playing at a Church in Ryde. It was an encouraging night as the gig went quite well, the music gelled ok, and we got lots of good feedback. Also, free food for the visiting band, yay...what more can you ask for?!

4 Comments:

At 8/07/2006 10:40 am, Blogger Vi said...

Sweet! Sounds like a great weekend! Lots of fun! And free food... nice! I just hope you have time to relax sometime so you don't get exhausted.

 
At 8/07/2006 1:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool DB. Must be fun with the band getting a bit of exposure!

 
At 8/07/2006 3:56 pm, Blogger Neale Valentine said...

Yes the trivia night was a lot of fun and thanks for your help with setup. Much appreciated... As Vi said I hope you find sometime to relax.

 
At 10/07/2009 3:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just read a few of your blogs... seems nice so far. God Bless You as you grow in Him

In Christ,
SS

http://sparksablaze.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home